Applications of oxygen barrier polybutylene (PB) pipe
Polybutylene PB pipe is widely used in radiator connections due to its excellent heat resistance and flexibility.
1. Water supply (sanitary pipe) and hot water pipe
PB pipes are non-toxic, odorless, and durable, making them suitable for the transportation of tap water and household water systems. Polybutylene pipe systems have been thoroughly tested for the water requirements of GB/T 17219.
2. Heating pipe
PB pipe is noted for its great thermal insulation performance, installation convenience, and durability. PB pipe is most useful for low temperature floor radiation heating in new construction projects.
3. Air conditioning, industrial pipe
PB pipe is corrosion resistant (acid, alkali, salt) in addition to its other great features, making it the best choice for chemical processing, food, hospital, and other industrial water transportation applications. The compressive strength of the pipe is high, which is a requirement for use in air conditioning pipe systems.
4. Solar water heater pipeline system
PB pipe has excellent thermal insulation and can be used in hot water and heating systems for solar energy houses.
|Test item||unit||test method||Palconn PB pipe|
|Dissolution index||g/10min||ASTM D1238||0.5|
|Creep resistance||kgf/cm2||ASTM D638||175|
|Tensile strength||kgf/cm2||ASTM 0638||400|
|Elastic modulus||kgf/cm2||J K71 13||4000|
|Impact strength||Kgf/cm/cm||ASTM D256||NO Break|
|Hardness||D scale||ASTM D2240||60|
|Softening point||℃||J ISK 7206||1 19|
|Brittleness temperature||℃||J ISK 7216||under -18|
|Coefficient of expansion||cm/cm/℃||ASTM D696||1 .3*0.0004|
|Thermal conductivity||Kcal/mhr℃||ASTM C177||0 .33|
Features of oxygen barrier polybutylene (PB) pipe
1. Through the three layer coextrusion technology, the oxygen barrier polybutylene (PB) pipe forms a uniform EVOH oxygen barrier layer on the outside of pipe, effectively preventing oxygen from entering the thermal cycle system and reducing equipment corrosion. According to the test results, the increase of oxygen barrier layer can reduce the oxygen permeability of the PB monolayer pipe to one thousand of the original one, which can effectively inhibit the growth of microorganisms, so it is safe and hygienic.
2. Lightweight material allows for simple construction in household metering heating systems.
3. Because of the protection of the outer hard texture of the oxygen barrier, the inner layer of the PB material is protected from scratch and wear, which can prevent micro cracks in the pipeline. In the construction process, the safety performance of pipe material is tested for reliability.
4. Oxygen barrier polybutylene pipe has excellent thermal creep resistance, it can be used for a long time at 95℃, and for short periods under 110℃.
5. Oxygen barrier polybutylene pipe has excellent freezing resistance at low temperatures. The pipe will not crack at -20℃. It still has good flexibility and impact resistance at low temperature, which is suitable for winter construction in northern China.
6. Oxygen barrier polybutylene pipe has good durability, it is non-toxic and harmless. It is UV resistant and corrosion resistant. Its pipe wall is smooth with no scaling, the useful life of the pipeline can reach 50 - 100 years under the design conditions.
7. The system is complete, including pipes, fittings, valves, all kinds of connectors and installation tools. The connection method adopts a socket fusion joint, which is convenient and reliable. When buried, the movement of the pipe and the leakage at the joint due to the temperature change and the water hammer can be avoided.
8. Advanced imported raw materials guarantees the performance and durability of the pipes.